I feel summer winding down and I want to stop time. Usually by late August in North Carolina, I welcome even a hint of fall. But my first upstate summer has been epic with nearly perfect weather. Even the days spent at local swimming holes have been comfortable rather than sweltering.
So as we move into a gorgeous Indian summer, I want to celebrate these last golden days with all I've got. I thought an end-of-summer bucket list would be the best place to start!
So here it is! My dog days dirty dozen:
1. swimming hole
2. drive in the country with the windows down
3. trip to the farmer's market
4. summer salad (with tomatoes, basil and dill)
5. wildflower bouquet
6. splash pad with Henry
7. horse race or polo match
8. ice cream cone from Dairy Haüs
9. time at the pool (hopefully solo with a book!)
10. cocktail with fresh mint
11. chilled gazpacho soup with every summer veggie tossed in!
12. day trip (preferably to the beach!)